God called me to follow Him just at the brink of a family tragedy. I love to share my amazing journey of healing with anyone who will listen. My greatest joy is passing on the wisdom God has taught me about forgiveness, healing, and destiny.
I live in Michigan (where the people are hardy) with Bruce, my husband of 40 years. We have two married children and 2 grandsons. In my spare time I love to hike, read and crochet. Bruce and I, along with my sister Kathy and husband Craig have set a goal to hike One Million Steps across America, state by state. We’ve completed 29 hikes so far: over 700,000 steps.
For Women’s Ministry Leaders:
I know how busy you are, and I make a point of responding quickly to all emails and calls. I love to pray for the groups I speak for and the leadership teams I serve with. I will work with your team to personalize my program for your group. I’m here to serve you. I’ve got creative ideas for icebreakers, small group discussion questions, games, and more. Just ask!
I know that most groups have a limited budget and I am willing to work with you on that. Contact me and let’s talk!
I love to connect with women in coffee shops and in auditoriums; in speaking and in writing; with humor and candor. I’ve been a teacher, bible study leader and Christian speaker since 1999. I was a Stonecroft Speaker from 2006-2015.
- Meadowbrook Christian Church, Rochester, Michigan
- Cornerstone Church MOPS, Caledonia, Michigan
- Women Today Retreat, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
- Bible Study Expo, online interview
- Rehoboth Reformed Church, McBain, Michigan
- Jobs Club, Royal Oak, Michigan
- Women with Faith Retreat, Michandoh, Coldwater, Michigan
- Smash48 Retreat Workshop, SpringHill Camps, Evart, Michigan
- KMOMs, Kensington Church, Troy, Michigan
- Jobs Club, Warren, Michigan
- Women’s Advent Brunch, St. John Lutheran Church, Rochester, Michigan
- Advent by Candlelight, Milford Presbyterian Church, Milford, Michigan
- Kensington Community Church Women’s Retreat Workshop, Springhill Camps, Evart, Michigan
- Christian Women’s Clubs in St. Mary’s, Sharonville, Lakeview and Troy, Ohio
- Women’s Retreat, Mt Hope Congregational Church in Livonia, Michigan
- Christian Women’s Clubs in Leamington, Tecumseh, and Sarnia, Ontario
- PEO Club in Rochester Hills, Michigan
- Women’s Connections in Elkhart, Marshall County and Koscuisko County, Indiana
- Women’s Retreat, Mt Hope Church, Port Huron, Michigan
- Spring luncheon, Meadowbrook Christian Church, Rochester Hills, Michigan
- Making Peace with Prickly People workshop, Suburban Collection, Novi, Michigan
- Women’s Advent devotional, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Lake Orion, Michigan
- Goals Your Way workshop, Jobs Club, Warren, Michigan
- Women’s Connections, Sylvania and Toledo, Ohio
- First Baptist Church of Rochester, Michigan
- Christian Women’s Clubs in Kalamazoo and Manistee, Michigan
- Women’s Retreat on Forgiveness, 2 churches and a women’s prison, Constanza, Romania
- Christian Women’s Club, Christian Family Center, Adrian, Michigan
- Oakland Christian School Chapel, Auburn Hills, Michigan
- Maranatha Baptist Church, Clarkston, Michigan
- First Baptist Church of Pontiac, Michigan
In 2009, I was certified as a Personality Trainer through Florence Littauer’s CLASSeminars. I continue to speak, write and coach using the transforming model of the personalities. I’ve developed my own online personality assessment, Personality Key. I’m also a graduate of Carol Kent’s Speak Up with Confidence Advanced Class.
I’m a member of Women Speakers, the largest online directory of Christian speakers.
I’m an active member of Toastmasters International, having earned the Competent Communicator and Competent Leader awards. I love the opportunities of Toastmasters: to constantly improve my speaking and leadership skills, to mentor other club members, and to compete in contests.
Bruce and I lead the Campus Marriage Team at Kensington Community Church, in Orion, Michigan. We mentor couples and individuals, and are certified Facilitators for the marriage assessment tool – Prepare & Enrich.